What's the difference between CM and CVS?

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 70 , Oct 29, 2003
      eXtremos:

      I thought "Configuration Management" means putting all your libraries, and
      all their versions, and your platforms, into a system that reconstructs them
      on command.

      CVS does not seem tuned for that.

      --
      Phlip
    • Rett Williams
      Message 70 of 70 , Nov 16, 2003
        Backup and version control are logically separate issues. One may
        do copious version control and have no backups, and one may
        have backups that are not useful for version control in any way. The
        two may interact to the benefit of both. Also, change management
        and version control are usually related, but not identical issues. Again,
        one can do version control without any change management, and
        one may do change management without having any control of
        versioning.

        Everett Williams