ANN: Reminder: XPSD Oct 2 meeting: Merciless Refactoring Demo

  • cpp gent
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      XPSD is meeting tomorrow night, Thursday October 2.

      If you are interested in refactoring or seeing refactoring techniques in
      use, please attend! This will definitely be an open forum. Bring your
      refactoring questions and ideas for discussion.

      There will a "canned" presentation showing the refactoring of a short bit of
      C code. We'll be refactoring it into C++ to show how legacy code can be
      converted into OO and into more maintainable, easier to read code.

      Please RSVP by replying to me at cppgent0@..., so we can reserve the
      right size of conference room. By the way, the original announcement had a
      typo in the email address, cppgent0@... is the correct address.

      John

      P.S. There's still time to donate a piece of code to be refactored... Please
      send me the snippet ASAP if you want to begin on it by tomorrow night. (C or
      C++, < 100 lines please!).

      >From: "cpp gent" <cppgent0@...>
      >Subject: ANN: XPSD Oct 2 meeting: Merciless Refactoring Demo
      >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:28:16 -0400
      >
      >The XP-San Diego users group will be holding our next meeting:
      >
      > Thursday Oct 2 from 6 - 8PM.
      >
      >This months topic is "Merciless Refactoring Demo" presented by John
      >Arrizza.
      >
      >This presentation will be in two parts. First John will be taking a short
      >piece of code in C and refactoring it to C++. During this refactoring
      >session, several common refactoring techniques will be used. In the second
      >session, we will start with a slightly longer piece of code and refactoring
      >it together. (If you wish to donate a routine or two to refactor, please
      >contact John Arrizza at cppgent0@...).
      >
      >John has been involved with XP for the last 4 years and has used
      >refactoring on a variety of different projects in C++, Java, VB and Perl.
      >John has 17 years experience and currently is a Senior Software Engineer
      >and Team Lead at Nokia.
      >
      >This is an open meeting; please invite anyone interested in XP or
      >Refactoring! Please RSVP by replying to this email (cppgetn0@...)
      >so that an appropriately sized room can be scheduled.
      >
      >We will be meeting at Alaris Medical, 10221 Wateridge Circle. For
      >directions, see http://www.xpsd.com/XPSDAlarisDirections. Thanks to Nobuo
      >Fukaya for allowing us to use Alaris's site.
      >

      >John
      >
      >P.S. There were some preliminary messages about this on Yahoo Groups:

      >----
      >XPSD website : www.xpsd.com

      Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
      (depending on the local service providers in your area).
      https://broadband.msn.com