Re: How are user groups being run?

  • Grigori Melnik
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      We run Calgary Agile Methods User Group (www.agilenetwork.ca/CAMUG)
      meetings every first Tuesday of the month. The meeting normally
      starts with a 30 min "Juice and Cheese" which is followed by a one-
      hour presentation. Any member of the agile community can suggest a
      topic, which is discussed and approved by the Organizing committee.
      Some of the meetings are sponsored, others are not. The University
      of Calgary provides a nice lecture hall. Sponsors pay for the food.
      We also have Pearson Ed (the umbrella company of Addison Wesley)
      providing us with many books from their XP series/Kent Beck signed
      series and Martin Fowler signed series for the book draws.

      The attendance has always been free of charge and we regularly have
      60+ attendees, most of whom are from the industry. Of course,
      celebrities like Fowler and Schwaber attract bigger crowds.

      If anyone is in Calgary on the first week of the month, you are
      welcomed to come to our meetings. Check the schedule online.

      Best regards,

      Grigori
      CAMUG Co-moderator
      www.agilenetwork.ca/CAMUG