ANN: XPSD Oct 2 meeting: Merciless Refactoring Demo

  • cpp gent
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2003
      The XP-San Diego users group will be holding our next meeting:

      Thursday Oct 2 from 6 - 8PM.

      This months topic is "Merciless Refactoring Demo" presented by John Arrizza.

      This presentation will be in two parts. First John will be taking a short
      piece of code in C and refactoring it to C++. During this refactoring
      session, several common refactoring techniques will be used. In the second
      session, we will start with a slightly longer piece of code and refactoring
      it together. (If you wish to donate a routine or two to refactor, please
      contact John Arrizza at cppgent0@...).

      John has been involved with XP for the last 4 years and has used refactoring
      on a variety of different projects in C++, Java, VB and Perl. John has 17
      years experience and currently is a Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead
      at Nokia.

      This is an open meeting; please invite anyone interested in XP or
      Refactoring! Please RSVP by replying to this email (cppgetn0@...) so
      that an appropriately sized room can be scheduled.

      We will be meeting at Alaris Medical, 10221 Wateridge Circle. For
      directions, see http://www.xpsd.com/XPSDAlarisDirections. Thanks to Nobuo
      Fukaya for allowing us to use Alaris's site.

      John

      P.S. There were some preliminary messages about this on Yahoo Groups:

      ----
      XPSD website : www.xpsd.com

      Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
      http://msnmessenger-download.com