RE: [XP] Re: Dilbert on commuication

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26 9:01 PM
      As best as I can tell, it was purely chance that it worked. We were working
      on an interface to a SONET switch that was being developed in Tokyo. The
      folks on the team in Japan were doing development and testing, ending their
      day with what could only be called a virtual standup meeting, that resulted
      in a list of what still needed to be done. Then, they would actually send
      ,via 9600 baud modem, the source code and the list. The Virginia team would
      in essence just pick up where they left off. Mostly, I think it had more to
      doo with the good dedicated people. That isn't to say there weren't bumps,
      but all in all it worked out.

      Sorry I can't offer anything more astute. I think I'm in the same boat as
      you, I just don't know why the good experiences were good. I was also far
      to young at the time to look at it critically and say "why is this working?"

      Steve

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      J. B. Rainsberger,
      Diaspar Software Services