RE: [XP] Component-friendly SCMs (was exclusive checkout source c ontrol)

  • WATKINS, Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
      Steve Berczuk wrote:
      > Pretty much any system should allow you to do this... one
      > way is to be
      > sure that the version of the component that you want shares the same
      > label as your mainline release. I'm not sure that I
      > understand whether
      > your question is "how do I perform <some operation> easily in a given
      > SCM?" or rather "what codeline model should I use for this
      > component work?"

      It's more about how it impacts developers day-to-day. Most systems I've seen
      are pretty ugly, but the ClearCase one was amazingly expressive. I'm trying
      to think of how I can get that power of expressive and clarity without
      ClearCase...

      Fortunately, I think Subversion will give it to me.

      Robert.

      --
      "Software is too expensive to build cheaply"
      Robert Watkins System Architect

      The contents of this message are the views of the Author and do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD ABN 66 010 831 722.

      The content of this e-mail, including attachments is a confidential communication between the Suncorp Metway Group and the intended addressee. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s).

      http://www.suncorp.com.au