Re[2]: [XP] Tom DeMarco said...

  • Doug Swartz
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30 10:55 AM
      Friday, August 29, 2003, 3:07:42 PM, Daniel Pohren wrote:

      > I was questioning people here in Brazil about what people well known in the
      > software engineering world (of course, except the XP people) think about it,
      > so I can justify my choice... (They said it clearly: opinion of Kent Beck,
      > Ron Jeffries and Martin Fowler don't count) :-)

      Hmmmm. I was reading and paying attention to what Martin
      Fowler and Kent Beck said long before I ever heard of XP.
      (Sorry Ron, I'd never heard of you at that time) Does their
      association with XP invalidate the earlier good work they did?
      ;-)

      > I've already collected material from Ed Yourdon and Peter Coad, both of
      > them talking good things about XP (Including a Peter's presentation about
      > agile metodologies). I think that with DeMarco and Roger Pressman I'm done
      > with justifying it ;-)

      What next?

      Will Ed and Peter soon become tainted like Kent and Martin?

      What might happen to the reputations of Grady Booch, or Fred
      Brooks, if they said something good about an XP practice, or
      even, Heaven forbid!, XP itself.

      I think I see an XP Exaggerated article: Professors losing
      tenure, consultants losing speaking engagements; book sales
      dropping precipitously. All because of a slip of the tongue,
      or a magazine article with a misquote, quoting the merits of
      an agile approach.

      Doug Swartz
      daswartz@...