Re: [XP] XP vs. testing, and assessment of fault or blame

  • Andrey Khavryuchenko
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 30 12:57 AM
      Victor,

      "VG" == Victor Goldberg wrote:

      >> Unless you intend to fire Joe
      >> or Sam or Sue for gross incompetence, don't play the blame game.

      VG> I would like to change the discussion from "blame" to "responsibility".

      VG> Blame involves shame and punishment. Responsibility could mean prise,
      VG> or corrective action, and corrective action doesn't need to be a
      VG> negative concept.

      I don't buy it.

      Responsibility *could* mean prise, but often it involves blaming.

      When we've got a team, it's *everyone* responsibility to raise an issue if
      (s)he thinks it's an issue.

      For short periods of time I, as a coach, assign *coordinators* for specific
      tasks, just like there's a Tracker and other *roles* in an XP project. I
      use it only to institute the importance of a practice and this person is
      *not* responsible for doing that task. His task is to organize people
      around him in such way that the task is done. Hmmmm.... May be I should
      explicitly forbit him executing the assigned task? :)

      --
      Andrey V Khavryuchenko http://www.kds.com.ua/
      Silver Bullet Software Solutions http://www.kds.com.ua/training/