Off Topic Tip

  • Curtis Cooley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Just wanted to share a neat feature I've found in Opera (www.opera.com).

      For those of you who read a lot of howto type documents that tend to
      have links like 'top', 'home', 'prev', and 'next' Opera detects these
      links in the document and creates a button bar at the top so you can
      access the links without scrolling through the document.

      Opera is now my favorite browser for reading this kind of documentation.
      And it's free :)

      --
      ======================
      Curtis R Cooley
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi Curtis,

        > For those of you who read a lot of howto type documents that
        > tend to have links like 'top', 'home', 'prev', and 'next' Opera
        > detects these links in the document and creates a button bar at
        > the top so you can access the links without scrolling through
        > the document.

        Does it detect those links in the body of the document, or does
        it rely on <link rel="..."> elements in the head? If the latter,
        Mozilla does that, too.

        Dale

        --
        Dale Emery -- Consultant -- Resistance as a Resource
        Web: http://www.dhemery.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
          On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 11:49, Dale Emery wrote:
          > Hi Curtis,
          >
          > > For those of you who read a lot of howto type documents that
          > > tend to have links like 'top', 'home', 'prev', and 'next' Opera
          > > detects these links in the document and creates a button bar at
          > > the top so you can access the links without scrolling through
          > > the document.
          >
          > Does it detect those links in the body of the document, or does
          > it rely on <link rel="..."> elements in the head? If the latter,
          > Mozilla does that, too.

          I'm sure about the implementation, but I did find an extension for
          Firebird, http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/ that does the same
          thing.

          The opera tool bar looks a lot nicer than the firebird toolbar.
          --
          Curtis R Cooley