Re: [XP] Re: About small releases

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      leonnewsgroup wrote:

      > That is, a small release for Payroll sould be made after calculations
      > of tax, insurance and ... are implemented and tested. Is it correct?

      The C3 project (one of the "first" XP projects) gave itself this goal for
      its first iteration: Write a correct paycheck for one employee.

      To do that, the software needed to use one salary, one tax bracket, one
      insurance contract, one federal tax, one state tax, and one union fee.

      There are words for this - architectural spike, exploration phase. I prefer
      to call it "close the loop", because such a primitive but comprehensive goal
      forces you to write prototypes for your input system, the processing system,
      and the output system. (The "loop" ultimately closes by going thru an
      end-users brain and back into the input system.)

      Future development adds features to each station on the loop.

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.greencheese.org/HatTrick