FW: [XP] Use Cases, a Minimalist's view.

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
      sorry, having email trouble
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Steve Ropa [mailto:theropas2@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 8:23 AM
      To: 'Extremeprogramming
      Subject: FW: [XP] Use Cases, a Minimalist's view.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Steve Ropa [mailto:theropas2@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 8:19 AM
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [XP] Use Cases, a Minimalist's view.

      I don't see why not. After all, Use Cases are the same with or without XP.
      I can't begin to tell you how much time different companies I've worked for
      have lost in trying to figure out the best way to document Use Cases, or how
      much detail to go into, etc. If you aren't doing XP, you can move directly
      from the simple use case to an collaboration diagram, or interaction, or
      whatever floats your boat.

      I have often struggled with determining whether Use Cases are stories and
      vice versa. Then I decided I didn't care about the terminology. I use
      stories because I prefer XP, but when I do use cases they look exactly like
      my stories....

      Steve