Looking for a test result dashboard

  • Mark Striebeck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I am looking for a tool that can collect and report in a matrix-type
      fashion the results of test runs on several system/platforms. The one
      that I know (DART: http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml)
      looks good, but doesn't work easily with Ant / Junit. But I like the
      easy overview and drill-down capability.

      Does anyone know about other tools like this?

      Thanks
      MarkS
    • Curtis Cooley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        If you want a tool that will help you write tests as well as report them
        nicely, look into http://fit.c2.com

        You could also look at http://fitnesse.org for a wiki interface to fit
        and tools to write web based tests and tests to test web pages.

        On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 12:55, Mark Striebeck wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am looking for a tool that can collect and report in a matrix-type
        > fashion the results of test runs on several system/platforms. The one
        > that I know (DART: http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml)
        > looks good, but doesn't work easily with Ant / Junit. But I like the
        > easy overview and drill-down capability.
        >
        > Does anyone know about other tools like this?
        >
        > Thanks
        > MarkS

        ======================
        Curtis R Cooley
        RADSoft
        Better software faster
        curtis@...
        ----------------------
        Lurleen, I can't get your song outta my mind. I haven't felt this way
        since `Funky Town.'

        -- Homer Simpson
        Colonel Homer
      • Nick Holt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
          Hi Mark

          I assume you've looked at the JUnitReport task for Ant. Unfortunately it
          doesn't have quite as much information in the one report as DART seems to
          have.

          If you like reports on you tests also have a look at Clover
          (http://www.thecortex.net/clover/).

          Regards

          Nick

          > I am looking for a tool that can collect and report in a matrix-type
          > fashion the results of test runs on several system/platforms. The one
          > that I know (DART: http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml)
          > looks good, but doesn't work easily with Ant / Junit. But I like the
          > easy overview and drill-down capability.
          >
          > Does anyone know about other tools like this?
          >
          > Thanks
          > MarkS

        • Ilja Preuss
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
            Hi,

            > I am looking for a tool that can collect and report in a matrix-type
            > fashion the results of test runs on several system/platforms. The one
            > that I know (DART: http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml)
            > looks good, but doesn't work easily with Ant / Junit. But I like the
            > easy overview and drill-down capability.
            >
            > Does anyone know about other tools like this?

            The only one I am aware of is Mozilla Tinderbox:
            http://www.mozilla.org/tinderbox.html

            Don't know about Ant/Junit integration, though.

            Regards, Ilja