Re: [XP] release planning and iteration planning...

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      > I've got confusion between release planning and iteration planning
      > where both have the same activities cycle.
      > can any one tell me what is the difference?

      Some products, such as the control for the shuttle's main rocket engines,
      should only release once a year.

      Some products, such as the algorithm in Google's Web spiders, can release
      every couple of hours.

      The committment schedule and the iteration schedule adapt a product's
      natural release rate to the programmers' natural development rate, which
      should be 2 weeks for health reasons.

      The OnsiteCustomer has a stack of cards to go into the next release; more or
      less of these may fit in the next iteration. So they juggle and prioritize.

      --
      Phlip
      http://clublet.com/c/c/why?ZenoBuddhism
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003