ANN: XPSD July 10th meeting

  • June Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Carlton Nettleton's excellent presentation on The
      Planning Game will be continued at XPSD�s next
      meeting! We did not get to completely finish the game
      so the members present unanimously voted to hold "The
      Planning Game, Part 2" on July 10th from 6-8 pm.
      Those of you who expressed disappointment at not being
      able to make last month�s meeting will get a second
      chance to partake in the workshop. Release Planning
      and Iteration Planning are critical activities in XP
      and Carlton's presentation and Game are a great
      hands-on way of experiencing them in a low-risk
      environment.

      The meeting will begin with a short review of the
      material in case you did not attend last month, and
      Carlton has uploaded his presentation slides to the
      mailing list files area at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xpsandiego/files/June5thPlanningGameWorkshop/

      N.B. Please note the change from our regular meeting
      slot of first Thursday of the month. This is because
      of the holiday this week, and is an exception.

      Carlton Nettleton, a founder of XPSD, is a senior web
      application developer at EDU Business Solutions where
      he uses XP and iterative development. Mr. Nettleton
      has been using XP since 2001 and has served as coach
      and tracker for larger teams.

      This is an open meeting; invite anyone interested in
      XP. Please RSVP by replying to this email
      (joonspoon@...) so that an appropriately sized
      room can be scheduled.

      We will be meeting at Alaris Medical, 10221 Wateridge
      Circle. For directions, see
      http://xpsd.com/XPSDAlarisDirections
      Thanks to Nobuo Fukaya for kindly allowing us to use
      Alaris's site.

      http://www.xpsd.com

      http://sbc.yahoo.com