unit testing "action" JSPs

  • colebatchd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2003
      Hey all,

      I've just started a new contract, and am in the typical situation of
      seeing a half-built webapp with zero testing, and not even a test
      plan for manual testing. I've been given the green light to set up
      testing for it, but I'm not sure of the best road forward given the
      surroundings.

      Previously, I've used the strutstestcase project
      (http://strutstestcase.sf.net) to test projects using the struts
      framework. However, this project doesn't use any framework, and has
      very poor separation of logic. The general approach is: user
      requests JSP, submits for to "action" JSP that processes the request,
      sends a redirect (yes, not a request dispatcher), and the client sees
      the redirect.

      I'm currently looking into avalon, and assume thats going to be my
      best road forward, but wondering if other people might have
      experience with similar situations.

      I'm about to embark on the framework argument - they seem to have a
      thing about using external frameworks, but thats another battle...

      cheers
      dim