RE: [XP] When is it not XP?

  • Tony Milici
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: banshee858 [mailto:cnett858@...]
      Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 6:55 PM
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XP] When is it not XP?

      Not to point out the obvious, but have you considered what you are
      doing is not XP? XP is many things, but XP with developers and
      customers motivated to follow its practices is not about "pulling
      teeth" or watching the "discipline of your team slide". I have been
      in a similar environment and it was hard to be objective that what I
      was trying to do was not XP.

      I realize this is late and out of context of the original thread, but
      the change of the subject line intrigued me.

      When is it ever XP?

      To me XP is an ideal that I continually strive to achieve, but never
      quite get there. As long as every day I am a little closer, one of the
      dials goes a little higher, I am happy.

      How many projects out there really have all the dials to 10?

      Tony