RE: OT Re: [XP] Re: Womb-man (was Motivation)

  • Kay A. Pentecost
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi, Phlip,

      I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
      <grin>

      And I was <blush> so flattered.

      > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
      > could do was respond to that.

      Yeah.

      > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
      > There are those
      > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

      Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

      > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
      > empty link
      > ? thing.

      Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
      I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

      > --
      > The drooling ranting XP zealot

      It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
      and ranting, now that's common --

      Your fan,

      Kay

      XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
      Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)
    • Dave Rooney
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
        > XP mistress and child protegee.

        LOL!!! Kay, you just don't spend enough time around here anymore!! :)

        Dave Rooney
        Mayford Technologies
        http://www.mayford.ca

        > > Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
        > > undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
        > > true statement.
        >
        > That was me (blushing, eyelashes batting).

        I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
        <grin>

        And I was <blush> so flattered.

        > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
        > could do was respond to that.

        Yeah.

        > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
        > There are those
        > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

        Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

        > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
        > empty link
        > ? thing.

        Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
        I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

        > --
        > The drooling ranting XP zealot

        It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
        and ranting, now that's common --

        Your fan,

        Kay

        XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
        Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)

        ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

      • Kay A. Pentecost
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
          Hi, Dave, Everyone!

          Oh, thanks!!

          I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
          experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
          programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

          Anyhow, I'm pretty busy, and spending a lot of time on learning Smalltalk...
          and incidentally, it's your countryman Dave Astels who's teaching me TDD and
          Smalltalk.

          Smalltalk Rocks! So does TDD!!

          Kay

        • Dave Rooney
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
              Hi, Dave,

              Well you Canadians are very clever!!

              Kay

            • Erik Hanson
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                "Kay A. Pentecost" <tranzpupy@...> wrote:
                > I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
                > experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
                > programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

                You might want to slyly mention the geographic area in which you are
                considering work (not that I have any work to give)...

                Also, don't forget about the xp-jobs mailing list, which I haven't plugged
                in a while:

                There are usually only a few job postings per month (on a good month), but
                at least the list is 99.95% spam-free!

                Erik Hanson