Re: OT Re: [XP] Re: Womb-man (was Motivation)

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
      Kay A. Pentecost wrote:

      > Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
      > undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
      > true statement.

      That was me (blushing, eyelashes batting).

      The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
      could do was respond to that.

      But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector. There are those
      who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

      But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an empty link
      ? thing.

      --
      The drooling ranting XP zealot
    • Kay A. Pentecost
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi, Phlip,

        I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
        <grin>

        And I was <blush> so flattered.

        > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
        > could do was respond to that.

        Yeah.

        > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
        > There are those
        > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

        Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

        > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
        > empty link
        > ? thing.

        Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
        I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

        > --
        > The drooling ranting XP zealot

        It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
        and ranting, now that's common --

        Your fan,

        Kay

        XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
        Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)
      • Dave Rooney
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
          > XP mistress and child protegee.

          LOL!!! Kay, you just don't spend enough time around here anymore!! :)

          Dave Rooney
          Mayford Technologies
          http://www.mayford.ca

          > > Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
          > > undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
          > > true statement.
          >
          > That was me (blushing, eyelashes batting).

          I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
          <grin>

          And I was <blush> so flattered.

          > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
          > could do was respond to that.

          Yeah.

          > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
          > There are those
          > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

          Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

          > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
          > empty link
          > ? thing.

          Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
          I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

          > --
          > The drooling ranting XP zealot

          It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
          and ranting, now that's common --

          Your fan,

          Kay

          XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
          Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)

          ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

        • Kay A. Pentecost
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
            Hi, Dave, Everyone!

            Oh, thanks!!

            I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
            experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
            programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

            Anyhow, I'm pretty busy, and spending a lot of time on learning Smalltalk...
            and incidentally, it's your countryman Dave Astels who's teaching me TDD and
            Smalltalk.

            Smalltalk Rocks! So does TDD!!

            Kay

          • Dave Rooney
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                Hi, Dave,

                Well you Canadians are very clever!!

                Kay

              • Erik Hanson
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                  "Kay A. Pentecost" <tranzpupy@...> wrote:
                  > I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
                  > experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
                  > programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

                  You might want to slyly mention the geographic area in which you are
                  considering work (not that I have any work to give)...

                  Also, don't forget about the xp-jobs mailing list, which I haven't plugged
                  in a while:

                  There are usually only a few job postings per month (on a good month), but
                  at least the list is 99.95% spam-free!

                  Erik Hanson