Re: OT Re: [XP] Re: Womb-man (was Motivation)

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
      > <QUOTE>
      > Well... comments like "I'm as sexist as anyone", the repeated use of
      > the words "they" and "them" (I'm a programmer, aren't I a part
      > of "us" here?), and the general confusion about what to call us non-
      > male persons, to name a few.
      > </QUOTE>

      Guys, I might be reading the Members list wrong, but I think Amy quietly
      un-subbed before Ron's apologia ever got to her.

      Someone with extreme tact (or maybe just the prerequisite two X chromosomes)
      might want to send her a private e-mail to invite her back.

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Phlip" <plumlee@s...>
        wrote:
        > > <QUOTE>
        > > Well... comments like "I'm as sexist as anyone", the repeated use
        of
        > > the words "they" and "them" (I'm a programmer, aren't I a part
        > > of "us" here?), and the general confusion about what to call us
        non-
        > > male persons, to name a few.
        > > </QUOTE>
        >
        > Guys, I might be reading the Members list wrong, but I think Amy
        quietly
        > un-subbed before Ron's apologia ever got to her.
        >
        > Someone with extreme tact (or maybe just the prerequisite two X
        chromosomes)
        > might want to send her a private e-mail to invite her back.

        It's your guy's beating--you go take it. :-) I've already had my
        hands full cleaning up yer legacy sh8. Talk about dirty job--who's
        friggin dirty job am I doin? Friggin Disney. Friggin In Search Of
        Whale or whatever... stupid friggin story.

        I'm a fool to do your dirty work, oh yeah. Any one know what I'm
        talkin about?
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
          On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 4:53:08 PM, fishlike_fly wrote:

          > It's your guy's beating--you go take it. :-) I've already had my
          > hands full cleaning up yer legacy sh8. Talk about dirty job--who's
          > friggin dirty job am I doin? Friggin Disney. Friggin In Search Of
          > Whale or whatever... stupid friggin story.

          > I'm a fool to do your dirty work, oh yeah. Any one know what I'm
          > talkin about?

          Not even a guess.

          Discontinue reading if rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops.
          Especially irritation.
        • Kay A. Pentecost
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
            Hi, Keith, Amy, Everybody,

            And at least one-quarter of those four women is gorgeous, intelligent, a
            great programmer, and *loves* this list and the guys (male and female) on
            it.

            And then there's me, who's indescribable.

            Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
            undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
            true statement.

            I'm not going to take this standing up. I'm going to put that back and say
            that even if I am indescribable, I'm learning Smalltalk (Yay!!) and loving
            it.

            <grin>

            Kay
          • Phlip
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
              Kay A. Pentecost wrote:

              > Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
              > undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
              > true statement.

              That was me (blushing, eyelashes batting).

              The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
              could do was respond to that.

              But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector. There are those
              who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

              But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an empty link
              ? thing.

              --
              The drooling ranting XP zealot
            • Kay A. Pentecost
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 2, 2003
                Hi, Phlip,

                I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
                <grin>

                And I was <blush> so flattered.

                > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
                > could do was respond to that.

                Yeah.

                > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
                > There are those
                > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

                Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

                > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
                > empty link
                > ? thing.

                Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
                I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

                > --
                > The drooling ranting XP zealot

                It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
                and ranting, now that's common --

                Your fan,

                Kay

                XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
                Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)
              • Dave Rooney
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                  > XP mistress and child protegee.

                  LOL!!! Kay, you just don't spend enough time around here anymore!! :)

                  Dave Rooney
                  Mayford Technologies
                  http://www.mayford.ca

                  > > Hey, incidentally, I had a page on Ward's Wiki that said I was
                  > > undescribable, and someone took it off. Bummer. And that was a totally
                  > > true statement.
                  >
                  > That was me (blushing, eyelashes batting).

                  I guessed as much. Who else would be so totally perceptive and accurate??
                  <grin>

                  And I was <blush> so flattered.

                  > The default empty page says like "Describe WikiThing here...", so all I
                  > could do was respond to that.

                  Yeah.

                  > But then Ward added A> delete, and B> a short page detector.
                  > There are those
                  > who delete short pages regardless of obvious merit.

                  Pooh, I say, Pooh on them.

                  > But I had to give you a page because I quoted you and created an
                  > empty link
                  > ? thing.

                  Well, I'm going to put it back!! And stuff about what I am doing now, since
                  I'm considering myself XP's greatest beginner!!

                  > --
                  > The drooling ranting XP zealot

                  It's a great skill to be able to drool and rant at the same time!! Spitting
                  and ranting, now that's common --

                  Your fan,

                  Kay

                  XP mistress and child protegee.....and who's looking for work... (learning
                  Java and Smalltalk and pretty good in VB...)

                  ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

                • Kay A. Pentecost
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                    Hi, Dave, Everyone!

                    Oh, thanks!!

                    I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
                    experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
                    programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

                    Anyhow, I'm pretty busy, and spending a lot of time on learning Smalltalk...
                    and incidentally, it's your countryman Dave Astels who's teaching me TDD and
                    Smalltalk.

                    Smalltalk Rocks! So does TDD!!

                    Kay

                  • Dave Rooney
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                        Hi, Dave,

                        Well you Canadians are very clever!!

                        Kay

                      • Erik Hanson
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 3, 2003
                          "Kay A. Pentecost" <tranzpupy@...> wrote:
                          > I'm pretty busy... (not with paid work, yet, hint hint if anyone needs an
                          > experienced VB programmer who loves XP... or a novice Java or Smalltalk
                          > programmer who's willing to learn and wants to do XP hint hint...)

                          You might want to slyly mention the geographic area in which you are
                          considering work (not that I have any work to give)...

                          Also, don't forget about the xp-jobs mailing list, which I haven't plugged
                          in a while:

                          There are usually only a few job postings per month (on a good month), but
                          at least the list is 99.95% spam-free!

                          Erik Hanson