Question for people using JUnitTask, ANT and CVS

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2003
      I am attempting to write an executable script that will allow someone
      to checkout my project from CVS, run the testsuite and then publish
      the results.

      I've run into a problem finding a command line CVS client for
      Windows? Is anyone doing this and if so, what CVS client are you
      using. Or, does anyone know of a cvs command-line client for
      Windows?

      Thanks!
    • ejfried@ca.sandia.gov
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2003
        www.cygwin.com. Don't leave home without it.

        I think Justin wrote:
        > I am attempting to write an executable script that will allow someone
        > to checkout my project from CVS, run the testsuite and then publish
        > the results.
        >
        > I've run into a problem finding a command line CVS client for
        > Windows? Is anyone doing this and if so, what CVS client are you
        > using. Or, does anyone know of a cvs command-line client for
        > Windows?
        >
        > Thanks!

        Ernest Friedman-Hill
        Distributed Systems Research Phone: (925) 294-2154
        Sandia National Labs FAX: (925) 294-2234
        PO Box 969, MS 9012 ejfried@...
        Livermore, CA 94550 http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2003
          As much as I love cygwin, I found the CVSNT (http://www.cvsnt.org/)
          package to be easier to set up and use under Win2K.

          --
          -------------------------
          George Dinwiddie
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2003
            --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Justin"
            <justinagain@y...> wrote:
            > I am attempting to write an executable script that will allow
            someone
            > to checkout my project from CVS, run the testsuite and then
            publish
            > the results.
            >
            > I've run into a problem finding a command line CVS client for
            > Windows? Is anyone doing this and if so, what CVS client are
            you
            > using. Or, does anyone know of a cvs command-line client for
            > Windows?
            >
            > Thanks!

            I'm confused. You mention Ant in the subject. Can you not use the
            cvs task in Ant?

            Kiel Hodges
            SelfSo Software
          • Kiel Hodges
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2003
              --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Kiel Hodges"
              <kielhodges@m...> wrote:
              > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Justin"
              > <justinagain@y...> wrote:
              > > I am attempting to write an executable script that will allow
              > someone
              > > to checkout my project from CVS, run the testsuite and then
              > publish
              > > the results.
              > >
              > > I've run into a problem finding a command line CVS client for
              > > Windows? Is anyone doing this and if so, what CVS client are
              > you
              > > using. Or, does anyone know of a cvs command-line client for
              > > Windows?
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              >
              > I'm confused. You mention Ant in the subject. Can you not use
              the
              > cvs task in Ant?
              >
              > Kiel Hodges
              > SelfSo Software

              Ah, but what does the Ant task use? Probably, that command line
              CVS client! Like I said, I was confused!
            • Simon Brown
              Message 6 of 7 , May 9, 2003
                At 21:05 08/05/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                >I am attempting to write an executable script that will allow someone
                >to checkout my project from CVS, run the testsuite and then publish
                >the results.
                >
                >I've run into a problem finding a command line CVS client for
                >Windows? Is anyone doing this and if so, what CVS client are you
                >using. Or, does anyone know of a cvs command-line client for
                >Windows?

                As far as I know, all of the GUI CVS clients for Windows include the
                command-line client as part of the distribution. I'm pretty sure WinCVS
                does, and I know that TortoiseCVS (my personal choice) does so.

                Simes.

                --
                Simon Brown <simes@...>

                "He's saying it's just a cake, sir."
                "We can't take that chance. Order full orbital response."
              • Tom Copeland
                Message 7 of 7 , May 9, 2003
                  > Ah, but what does the Ant task use? Probably, that command line
                  > CVS client! Like I said, I was confused!

                  Yup, it sure does. It uses the good old Runtime.getRuntime().exec().
                  There are some comments in the task about maybe someday using jCVS to
                  speak the CVS client/server protocol with having to exec() out, but
                  that's not implemented yet.

                  Anyhow, you can download a Win32 command line CVS client here:

                  http://ccvs.cvshome.org/servlets/ProjectDownloadList

                  Just grab the cvs-1.11.5.zip file near the bottom of that page...

                  Yours,

                  Tom

                  Tom Copeland <tom@...>
                  InfoEther