RE: Version numbering schemes (was Re: [XP] test-suite as bug-base?)

  • Dubbs, Roger
    Message 1 of 349 , May 1 9:10 AM
      We use 'major.minor.bugfix.buildnumber'.

      Every CruiseControl build increments the buildnumber.

      Major is a definite marketing thing.
      Minor is incremented for each external release.
      Bugfix is never used. ;-) (But it would be a bugfix branch if ever needed).

      This probably varies a bit across the company, but this is what we're using.

      We don't label every build, just external releases. We can reconstruct from
      the time if need be.

      Roger

      Message 349 of 349 , May 16 4:31 PM
        On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 6:41:46 PM, Edmund Schweppe wrote:

        > Ron Jeffries wrote:
        >> On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 12:26:22 PM, George Paci wrote:
        >> > Note that, on the substantive points, I basically agree with you.
        >> Well, as any rational man would ... ;->

        > Who here besides Grady Booch is a Rational man? :-)

        There is a big difference between "rational" and "Rational". ;->

        Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach. --Albert Einstein