Re: [XP] test-suite as bug-base?

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 349 , May 1, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Kari Hoijarvi" <hoijarvi.at.me.wustl.edu@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 6:24 PM
      Subject: RE: [XP] test-suite as bug-base?

      > The worst bug in MS Outlook 97 was the difficult internet mail setup. MS
      > observed that by tracking the product support calls. For an average user,
      > entering SMTP ports etc. was just too much. I agree the with users. We
      > should not need to learn POP/SMTP to use email.
      >
      > How would you write a test for that?

      I wouldn't. This is a user interface usability issue, and it needs to
      be addressed by people who know the drill on usability issues.

      What I would expect is to write several prototypes while the
      useability people were learning enough to write a coherent
      set of requirements for the production software.

      John Roth

      Message 349 of 349 , May 16, 2003
        On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 6:41:46 PM, Edmund Schweppe wrote:

        > Ron Jeffries wrote:
        >> On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 12:26:22 PM, George Paci wrote:
        >> > Note that, on the substantive points, I basically agree with you.
        >> Well, as any rational man would ... ;->

        > Who here besides Grady Booch is a Rational man? :-)

        There is a big difference between "rational" and "Rational". ;->

        Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach. --Albert Einstein