Poor Database

  • Aldekein
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      Hello 2 All,

      I have a user database on Perl. If I need to change a line for a corresponding user
      in it I begin search:

      open (DATABASE,">$memberdatadir/members.dat") || print "Error opening file $memberdatadir/members.dat\n\n";
      foreach (DATABASE) {
      chomp;
      ($login,$city,$country,$age3,$marital_s,$race,$gender,$height,$weight,$smoker,$drinker,$relat,$children,$religion)=split /\\zdivide/;
      if ($login eq $param2) {
      // And there I must be able to delete or mofify the current record
      // But I don't know how. I know it must be simple, but nothing helps.
      // The only thing that I can - purge entire database :(
      }
      }
      close (DATABASE);

      --