Re: [XP] Software Engineering: Recording code reviews when pair programmi ng - how?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 12:20:41 AM, Aston, Nigel wrote:

      > We are moving across from non-agile to partially agile. Previously we had
      > formal code review sessions and recorded the results on hard copy print outs
      > and review forms. With pair programming we would still like to maintain a
      > record that certain areas of code have been reviewed by the nature of pair
      > programming. The purpose would be to know where we are falling down on code
      > quality as well as a record for some customers who require to know that the
      > code has been developed and reviewed accordingly.

      > * How would you propose keeping a record of such information? The
      > same question could be asked about recording reviews of the auto tests.

      Might something as simple as encoding each code submission to the
      repository with the initials of the programmer or pair working on it
      suffice?

      Do only what is necessary. Keep only what you need.
    • Brian Christopher Robinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Aston, Nigel wrote:

        > * How would you propose keeping a record of such information? The
        > same question could be asked about recording reviews of the auto tests.

        We have two of the developers who worked on a given task sign and date
        the card upon completion. I'm not sure if this level of tracking would
        suit your needs but it fulfills our CMM requirement to document that we
        do code reviews.