Re: [XP] Hibernate: A Scorchingly Successful OSS/XP Project

  • Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2003
      On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:52:45AM -0600, Steve Bate wrote:

      > Although Hibernate is obviously an /agile/ project, I don't understand
      > why it would be considered an XP project.

      Yes, and I apologize for making it seem like Rob maybe didn't know the
      difference. He smileyed it which signalled to me that he meant
      "XP-like" but I probably should have explained that when I sent it to
      the list.

      > I believe it would be interesting to study projects like Hibernate
      > to find out what makes them successful agile projects although they
      > use almost none of the XP practices. It might give hints about how
      > to tailor XP for enviroments that currently aren't considered a good
      > fit to it's practices (e.g., solo XP, distributed XP, ...).

      I feel that the main reason is that Feedback is King. A project
      without feedback is doomed; a project with feedback, however that's
      accomplished, is in a whole different survival bracket.

      --
      Alex Chaffee mailto:alex@...
      Purple Technology - Code and Consulting http://www.purpletech.com/