magazine article on xp

  • martha_baer <martha@wiredmag.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      I'm contemplating writing a story on XP that would follow the experience of an actual team on an actual project. The methodology has been written about a lot already, of course, but I'd like to try an approach for Wired that I haven't seen done yet: an up-close narrative that follows the psychological and sociological shifts the group undergoes. What sorts of resistance do XP proponents come up against? How are resistors ultimately won over? What's it like to do pair-programming for the first time?

      To sell my editor on the idea, I need to find a team that might be willing to let me get to know them and learn about their process. Ideally, this would be a group inside -- or working for -- a company Wired readers have heard of. Ideally, the group would include some first-time XPers. Definitely, it would have to be a group working in the US.

      If you're at all interested, or know a company or a team that might be, reply to me directly. I'm open to all suggestions.

      Here's my last piece for Wired:
      http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.02/code.html?pg=1&topic=&topic_set=
    • Brad Appleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2003
        You might want to take a look at Wyatt Sutherland's "XP Diary" on XProgramming.com where someone did exactly this sort of thing - kept a daily diary of their experience on a XP project for a group that was new to XP, and the reactions of the customers/sponsors/mgmt/team/coach, etc.