Re: [XP] hi,please clear this doubt

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2003
      > please let me knoe whether there is any relation between Extreme
      programming(XP) and XP in windows-XP

      Yes. Microsoft stole the acronym to appear hip and youth-oriented. And to
      let Kent Beck do their research for them.

      Of course MS never swipes anything; this is obviously just a rare lapse for
      them, and they certainly won't ever do such a thing again.

      Technically, Windows XP has nothing to do with eXtreme Programming (except
      peripherally; one of my platforms is XP).

      MS engineers work in pairs, but not at the same desk. One writes code and
      throws it over a wall, and the other writes tests for it. This practice
      squanders enormous effort:

      http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?QualityIsCheaper

      XP engineers work in pairs, but at the same desk on the same code. They
      write tests just before writing the code that gets tested.

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.greencheese.org/CydoniaFaceOnMars