Re: [XP] Changing Iteration Duration

  • Dustin Aleksiuk
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
      From: William Pietri <william@...>
      Date: Monday, February 3, 2003 7:07 pm
      Subject: Re: [XP] Changing Iteration Duration

      > > I'm totally unfamiliar with release plans, to tell you the
      > truth, so I can't
      > > comment on that.
      >
      > You should certainly read one of the XP books, either the pink one or
      > the white one. They are short and lively reads. After that, if you
      > stillwant to know more about the planning cycles, try the green one.

      I've read the white one once, and refer to it as a reference now, but I
      guess I must skim the parts that I don't deal with directly at work. I've
      also
      read the non-Ron purple one.

      We have a sort of funny system. We do what I think of as our "project
      management" stuff (planning, customer relations, iterations, stories)
      following pretty closely to Ken Schwaber's Scrum method. Since Scrum
      says nothing about how the hands-on coding is actually done, we take all
      of that from XP.

      Feel free to comment/criticise this. I would love to discuss.

      I now know what you mean by a release plan, and I understand it.

      > A release plan is the next unit of work bigger than an iteration. The
      > notion is that iterations should happen regularly, but releasing
      > software outside the team should only happen when the product makes
      > sense to the people who will be receiving it.

      Thanks for that.

      Dustin Aleksiuk