Re: [XP] Hi ..I need help abt my project

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4 6:14 AM
      On 2003.02.04, fantasticfizzy <fantasticfizzy@...> <fantasticfizzy@...> wrote:
      > hello !
      >
      > can anybody help me in my project, it is related to Decision SUpport
      > System, a system which takes queries from user and intelligently give
      > the right decision..
      > wht tools & technologies do i need to implement, any help any
      > guidance will be highly appreciated..

      Do The Simplest Thing That Could Possibly Work. Hire an an actual
      expert to listen to queries from your users, have them look over the
      data (perhaps with the assistance of many cheaply paid assistants to do
      the actual grunt-work of data tabulation) and have the expert
      intelligently give the right decision.

      Over time, trends will emerge and become more obvious. Begin to
      "automate away" the expert using canned answers, software typical in
      Business Intelligence (BI) applications, etc.

      You'll end up with a much better (and more useful) system this way, as
      opposed to just throwing a dart at a list of vendors of BI products and
      deploying a random one.

      -- Dossy

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...