Re: [XP] Re: XP with one customer and one developer

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2003
      On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 8:41:23 PM, Bill Wake <william.wake@...> wrote:

      >> - my customer doesn't want to make a release plan.
      > I always think of the old joke with the punchline, "I don't have to
      > outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you." As long as the customer
      > is a story ahead of you, you're ok in the sense of "you'll stay
      > busy". But this may not be enough for the overall health of the
      > project as seen from outside. (Some projects may be ok with just the
      > short-range window, but that's often not the way projects are
      > typically funded or planned a level or two up.)

      Yes. I have seen customers who added features in what seemed a sensible
      order, but did not organize them for a release on a date that upper
      management considered a drop dead date. The project subsequently dropped
      dead.

      Speculation or experimentation - which is more likely to give the correct answer?