RE: [XP] Mark Bullock letter in Jan/feb IEEE SW

  • Tom Copeland
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      > > " ...Further, XP pair programming is for programmers who
      > can't or won't
      > > express their designs so others can review them. With 20 years'
      > > experience in development, I believe that coding effort is simply
      > > "compiling" or translating a design into some code that can
      > in turn be
      > > compiled into machine language. There shouldn't be much
      > creativity in
      > > the coding process; that's all done during design...."
      > >
      > > Mark Bullock/Quality assurance manager

      He's absolutely right! Every day I write down my design in an
      expressive syntax called "Java". Then I "compile" or "translate" this
      design into some bytecode using a tool called "javac". Then I use a JVM
      to further compile the code into machine language.

      It's exactly as he says... my invocations of javac requre very little
      creativity...

      Tom