Re: [XP] Mark Bullock letter in Jan/feb IEEE SW

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      > " ...Further, XP pair programming is for programmers who can’t or won’t
      > express their designs so others can review them. With 20 years’
      > experience in development, I believe that coding effort is simply
      > “compiling” or translating a design into some code that can in turn be
      > compiled into machine language. There shouldn’t be much creativity in
      > the coding process; that’s all done during design...."

      The correct way to do Waterfall, at mistake time, is to go back to the Phase
      containing the mistake, perform the >entire phase< over again, and then
      perform every phase downstream from it, over again.

      So if this guy likes Waterfall, is he doing it by the book?

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.greencheese.org/PhilosophyBrethrenThree
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        William Pietri sez:

        > > Mark Bullock/Quality assurance manager
        >
        > Neat! Perhaps we should send him a letter with some outrageous developer
        > misconceptions about the role and/or value of QA efforts. :-)

        XP makes QA redundant. Sack'em all!

        --
        Phlip
        http://www.greencheese.org/LucidScheming
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
          > William Pietri sez:
          >
          > > > Mark Bullock/Quality assurance manager
          > >
          > > Neat! Perhaps we should send him a letter with some outrageous developer
          > > misconceptions about the role and/or value of QA efforts. :-)
          >
          > XP makes QA redundant. Sack'em all!

          "Hell is other people"

          - Jean-Paul Sartre