XXX.NET

  • Mike Stallings
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      I just checked out Perl.NET on the ActiveState site, and it looks to me
      like a "decorated" version of C#. Since the libraries are what really
      matter, maybe all .NET languages will end up looking like C# or VB.NET. I
      thought I liked Perl (in fact I happen to be writing a system test in Perl
      at this very moment), but after seeing the examples in .NET, I wonder, why?
      I always went to Perl for easy pattern matching and file processing, but the
      .NET libs make these things easy. Furthermore, I have been spoiled so badly
      that I now demand intellisense.

      Will .NET ruin my warm memories of tcl/tk as well??? (Tcl/tk liberated
      many an old K&R C/UNIX hand.)

      Mike