XP and .NET - refactoring tool

  • jwnewkir@thoughtworks.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
      In regards to this thread I have been working with a new refactoring tool
      that works inside Visual Studio.

      It is still early days, version 1.0 was released today but its a good
      start. The tool is called C# Refactory and their
      web-site is http://www.xtreme-simplicity.net

      Regards,

      Jim Newkirk
      jim@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 1:37:21 PM, jwnewkir@... wrote:

        > In regards to this thread I have been working with a new refactoring tool
        > that works inside Visual Studio.

        > It is still early days, version 1.0 was released today but its a good
        > start. The tool is called C# Refactory and their
        > web-site is http://www.xtreme-simplicity.net

        It looks interesting. How useful is it so far? Worth plugging in?

        It's easier to act your way into a new way of thinking
        than to think your way into a new way of acting. --Millard Fuller
      • kjarri
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
          http://dotnetrefactoring.com is another refactoring tool for C#. Might
          be worth checking out for those evaluating refactoring tools for C#.

          - kjartan

          RJ> On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 1:37:21 PM, jwnewkir@... wrote:

          >> In regards to this thread I have been working with a new refactoring tool
          >> that works inside Visual Studio.

          >> It is still early days, version 1.0 was released today but its a good
          >> start. The tool is called C# Refactory and their
          >> web-site is http://www.xtreme-simplicity.net

          RJ> It looks interesting. How useful is it so far? Worth plugging in?

          RJ> Ron Jeffries
          RJ> www.XProgramming.com
          RJ> It's easier to act your way into a new way of thinking
          RJ> than to think your way into a new way of acting. --Millard Fuller
        • Charlie Poole
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2003
            Jim and Everyone,

            > In regards to this thread I have been working with a new refactoring tool
            > that works inside Visual Studio.
            >
            > It is still early days, version 1.0 was released today but its a good
            > start. The tool is called C# Refactory and their
            > web-site is http://www.xtreme-simplicity.net

            I just got version 1.02 which fixes some problems with Extract Interface
            and Extract Superclass. It's looking pretty good and I recommend anyone
            trying it get the latest version.

            Charlie Poole
            cpoole@...
            www.pooleconsulting.com