Re: Suitability, advantages and disadvantages of using an agile method such as X

  • Laurent Bossavit <laurent@bossavit.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      > Can't argue with that. It seems that OOP is essential to XP, and
      > HTML isn't OO.

      On the other hand, there's no law prohibiting you from using
      Smalltalk, Java, Eiffel or C# to generate HTML.
    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        Ron Phillips sez:
        > Phlip said
        >
        > >The HTML culture barely comprehends testing. So anything sent to the >end
        > >of the lifecycle just might get skipped. The site looks okay, so >publish
        > >it.
        >
        > Can't argue with that. It seems that OOP is essential to XP, and HTML isn't
        > OO.

        Uh, HTML has an L on the end, but it's a declaration, not a Turing-complete
        "language". Think of it as just a variable your system outputs.

        > The best Pseudo-OOP (or, POOP) approach I have found so far is Fusebox,
        > which makes it POSSIBLE to employ encapsulation. Fusebox provides a
        > "TestHarness" for Unit Testing, and some tools for collecting user stories
        > in a site-structured way. I think some Agile techniques will be applicable.
        > (Just getting started myself.)
        >
        > There is also CFObjects, which is not widely adopted, but which does do
        > objects in ColdFusion.

        And if these tools had themselves been developed test-first..?

        --
        Phlip
        http://www.greencheese.org/MayorZogg