Ownership models (was Re: [XP] Looking back)

  • Laurent Bossavit <laurent@bossavit.com>
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi Steve,

      > But people do make honest mistakes. Or, if something in your team
      > ownership model is broken, someone can just misunderstand how
      > something should work.

      Can you say more about ways in which a team's ownership model might
      be broken ?

      Cheers,
      Laurent
    • John Brewer <jbrewer@jera.com>
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 5, 2003
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Caroline Foster
        <carolinefoster@y...> wrote:
        > Did I miss something?!~
        >
        > I regard it as a basic programmer's right that I should be able to,
        at any
        > time, check out all the source code and build it.

        I don't think anyone was saying you shouldn't. Just that when you go
        into production, you need to be a little more careful. How much more
        careful depends on your application.

        John Brewer
        Jera Design

        Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html