Re: [XP] Re: Good Design -- is it relative? one letter variable names

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 139 , Dec 7, 2002
      So said ericheikkila on 12/4/2002 --------------------

      >Single letter variables drive me nuts. ;)
      >I use 'index' instead of 'i' (or loop, or maybe count, depending on
      >the context).
      >As far as abbreviations go...if the entire team agrees, fine.
      >If someone on the team doesn't know that itr is the same as iterator,
      >just change it to iterator.
      >
      >Usually, I'll not abbrev ;)

      Often, "i" means something. Say what you mean; mean what you say. :)

      J. B. Rainsberger,
      President, Diaspar Software Services
      Let's write software that people understand.
      http://www.diasparsoftware.com/
      telephone: +1 416 791-8603
      All correspondence (c) 2002 Diaspar Software Services.
      If you want to use it, just ask; don't steal.
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 139 of 139 , Dec 7, 2002