Priority

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      eXtremos:

      I just read a book on finishing your homework on time to the rugrat.
      Something sounded a little familiar.

      When doing a (timed) test, you do the easy things first and get them out of
      the way, then go back and work on the hard things.

      When doing (untimed) homework, you do the hard things first, then go back and
      finish off the easy things.

      Where else have I heard this before?

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.greencheese.org/YaAw
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2002
        --- Phlip <plumlee@s...> wrote:
        > When doing a (timed) test, you do the easy things first and
        > get them out of the way, then go back and work on the hard
        > things.

        On a test, you can maximize your score by doing this.
        (...assuming that you won't have sufficient time to do it all.)

        > When doing (untimed) homework, you do the hard things first,
        > then go back and finish off the easy things.

        When practicing, you can maximize the educational value by doing
        this. You'll learn more from doing the hard problems first.
        (...assuming that you won't have sufficient time to do it all.)