Re: [XP] Java features (Was Re: Guard clauses)

  • Bill de hÓra
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 2, 2002
      Charles Miller wrote:

      > JSR-014. Due in Java 1.5
      >
      > http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=014

      Wow, they're finally going to ship that JSR?

      Bill de hÓra
    • Charles Miller
      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 2, 2002
        Ian Collins propagated the following meme:
        > Give it a couple of years and Java will have added back all of the C++
        > bits that were deemed too dangerous or hard when Java was conceived.

        "I quickly found out that C++ programmers are the smartest programmers
        in the world, as each one I met would quickly point out to me." - Don Box

        [http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwsdl/html/boxwsdl.asp]

        Charles Miller
        (I don't know why, it just seemed apposite :) )
        --
        Contributing to the Heat Death of the Universe since 1975.
        http://fishbowl.pastiche.org -- -- The Weblog