Re: Practices questions

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
      > Gentlemen,

      Some of us are ladies.

      ...proclivities toward unladylike behavior involving exotic hats and
      ordnance notwithstanding. (This just to make sure Kay still likes
      me.)

      Cheers,

      -[Morendil]-
      A professional programmer is an amateur who never quit.
    • Hélio Perroni Filho
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
        At 22:17 01/12/02 +0100, you wrote:
        > > Gentlemen,
        >
        >Some of us are ladies.

        Sorry. Too much exposition to the "Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets"
        movie has somewhat affected my style. I am not usually that formal anyway,
        nor... "unladylikely" either. ¬_¬

        --
        []'s
        Hélio Perroni Filho
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
          On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 03:31, Hélio Perroni Filho wrote:

          > * When The Client Is Always Available, is not there the risk that he will
          > start asking the developers to add "just one more thing" on every feature,
          > does leading the development out of scope? How to prevent that?

          Generally, I let little requests slide, often with little chiding; being
          agreeable helps the relationship. But if an addition might break my
          estimate, I generally say, "Let's write that on a card; you can put that
          in the stack wherever you want." That also sounds very agreeable, and it
          lets the client sort out his conflicting desires on his own.

          William

          --
          brains for sale: http://scissor.com/
        • Kay A. Pentecost
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
            Hey, Laurent!

            Sorta....

            > ...proclivities toward unladylike behavior involving exotic hats and
            > ordnance notwithstanding.

            Oh, I see you took that into account!!

            (This just to make sure Kay still likes
            > me.)

            Actally, Laurent, I don't like you any more.

            Just as much, however, just as much...

            (just not *more* ) <giggle>

            <grin>

            Kay