RE: [XP] Eliminate Exceptions (was: Writing simple software - A Challenge!)

  • Kay A. Pentecost
    Message 1 of 139 , Dec 1 8:35 AM
      Hi, Phlip,

      Uh huh! Well the GVBOOG used resume next... but he didn't bother to fix
      anything to prevent the error...!

      Kay

      > --
      > Phlip
      > http://www.greencheese.org/YaAw
      > -- The plasma signature at the end of the
      > wormhole is an approaching warbird --

    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 139 of 139 , Dec 7 1:09 PM
        So said ericheikkila on 12/4/2002 --------------------

        >Single letter variables drive me nuts. ;)
        >I use 'index' instead of 'i' (or loop, or maybe count, depending on
        >the context).
        >As far as abbreviations go...if the entire team agrees, fine.
        >If someone on the team doesn't know that itr is the same as iterator,
        >just change it to iterator.
        >
        >Usually, I'll not abbrev ;)

        Often, "i" means something. Say what you mean; mean what you say. :)

        J. B. Rainsberger,
        President, Diaspar Software Services
        Let's write software that people understand.
        http://www.diasparsoftware.com/
        telephone: +1 416 791-8603
        All correspondence (c) 2002 Diaspar Software Services.
        If you want to use it, just ask; don't steal.