Need help configuring Cactus

  • Mike Wang
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm running into a dead end trying to configure Cactus. Actually I'm
      using StrutsTest's in-container mode, which uses Cactus to run
      tests. I've installed and configured my client/server side following
      instructions from the Cactus website, but for the life of me I can't
      get it to run. I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3 and Eclipse 2.0.

      Here's the error I get:

      -------------------
      1) testSuccessfulLogin(mike.web.CactusTestLoginAction)
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources
      (MessageResources.java:558)
      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal
      (ActionServlet.java:1153)
      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init
      (ActionServlet.java:449)
      at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
      at servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.getActionServlet
      (CactusStrutsTestCase.java:255)
      at servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.actionPerform
      (CactusStrutsTestCase.java:306)
      at mike.web.CactusTestLoginAction.testSuccessfulLogin
      (CactusTestLoginAction.java:22)
      at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest
      (AbstractTestCase.java:332)
      at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest
      (AbstractTestCase.java:235)
      at org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest
      (AbstractWebTestCaller.java:149)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.dispatch87_handleRe
      quest
      (AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.a
      j(1k):125)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.around87_handleRequ
      est
      (AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.a
      j(1k):1156)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest
      (AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.a
      j(1k):101)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch113_doPost
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):123)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around113_doPost
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):1156)
      at org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):109)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch112_doGet
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):96)
      at
      org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around112_doGet
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):1156)
      at org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet
      (ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj
      (1k):92)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service
      (HttpServlet.java:740)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service
      (HttpServlet.java:853)
      :
      :

      The stack trace changes when I run it on ATG, but the exception is
      always NullPointerException.

      Any suggestion is welcome. I'm all out of ideas here. Thanks.

      mw