Re: [XP] Re: Estimation stuff

    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 1, 2002
      On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 1:34:25 PM, Dale Emery wrote:

      >> > Because some people will select a development approach based, in
      >> > part, on the quality of the estimates it produces.
      >>
      >> How will they make that comparison?

      > By comparing the relationship between estimates and actuals for
      > previous projects.

      How will they get estimates and actuals for projects using processes
      they have never tried? How will they get estimates and actuals for
      other people's projects, and how will they make them comparable?

      Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself.
      (I am large, I contain multitudes.) --Walt Whitman
    • Dossy
      Message 201 of 201 , Nov 9, 2002
        Ilja,

        http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product?ISBN=0201796198

        $23.62 from AW direct vs. $31.50 at B&N, but I don't know how prices
        compare after shipping costs.

        -- Dossy

        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...