Re: Estimation stuff

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 1, 2002

      > > You're not concerned with those of your followers who are up
      against
      > > estimates produced by those following more traditional estimating
      > > processes? You're best advice is "just do it?" And that's what
      you
      > > want them to tell their bosses?

      OK. I think I am beginning to understand where Bill might be coming
      from (please correct me if I am wrong). Bill is concerned what do XP
      people tell their boss if their estimate is widely different than the
      one her/his boss gave them?

      For instance, an XP team says "By our estimates, we will not complete
      this project until January 15." Their boss will look up from her/his
      desk and say, "The LATEST we can have this done is Christmas, but
      upper management told me to be complete by December 1." Is this the
      issue?
    • Dossy
      Message 201 of 201 , Nov 9, 2002
        Ilja,

        http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product?ISBN=0201796198

        $23.62 from AW direct vs. $31.50 at B&N, but I don't know how prices
        compare after shipping costs.

        -- Dossy

        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...