RE: [XP] Re: Estimation stuff

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 1, 2002
      > So you think XP estimates only get compared to XP estimates?
      > You're not
      > concerned with those of your followers who are up against
      > estimates produced
      > by those following more traditional estimating processes? You're best
      > advice is "just do it?" And that's what you want them to
      > tell their bosses?
      >
      > Bill

      Why would XP estimates get compared to anything? I am late to the discussion, but I don't see why one programmers estimate would be "up against" anyone else's? If you are going to be bidding a project solely on estimates, and who's estimate is better, you need better salespeople.

      As a "follower"(who are those people with the shiny knives up ahead? :-) ) I have to say I don't see your objection. Ron is asking you if there is a better way, and if so would you please share it so that we can all learn. I second the motion.

      Steve
    • Dossy
      Message 201 of 201 , Nov 9, 2002
        Ilja,

        http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product?ISBN=0201796198

        $23.62 from AW direct vs. $31.50 at B&N, but I don't know how prices
        compare after shipping costs.

        -- Dossy

        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...