Re: [XP] Re: Estimation stuff

    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 1, 2002
      On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 4:25:29 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 11:36:05 PM, Bill Walton wrote:

      >> The Estimating and Risk
      >> Assessment Classes I've taken, for example, suggest strongly that initial
      >> estimates start out at least 35% off and only progress to a +-10% level by
      >> breaking things down to a task level.

      > What does the Central Limit Theory say about the stability of 100+
      > estimates that are an average of 35% off?

      Theorem, not Theory. Sorry.

      Analysis kills spontaneity.
      The grain once ground into flour germinates no more. -- Henri Amiel
    • Dossy
      Message 201 of 201 , Nov 9, 2002
        Ilja,

        http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product?ISBN=0201796198

        $23.62 from AW direct vs. $31.50 at B&N, but I don't know how prices
        compare after shipping costs.

        -- Dossy

        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...