RE: [XP] Re: Estimation stuff -- Yesterday's Weather

  • Andrei GHEORGHE
    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 31 12:09 PM

      I did't say we are successful with them. We are doing our best to improve
      ourselvs. We are learning. But I think that things are better now.

      Yes, we have been doing them for a while. In fact we have adopted them
      gradually. First I've experimented refactoring and simple design. Then I've
      added test first. Then pair programming. Collective ownership came along
      with pairing (well, we still have a problem with older code, where only one
      of us knows what's inside).

      > So...
      >
      > How many "Perfect Engineering Weeks (pew)" of User Stories did you
      > get done in the last iteration?

      I don't know. We have not estimated in pew until now. We've just assigned
      some estimates to our features. Never thought something like: featureA is
      twice as hard than featureB.
      So we don't have a unit for estimating (like pew, point, gummi bear, or
      other funny thing).

      Andrei.
    • Dossy
      Message 201 of 201 , Nov 9, 2002
        Ilja,

        http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product?ISBN=0201796198

        $23.62 from AW direct vs. $31.50 at B&N, but I don't know how prices
        compare after shipping costs.

        -- Dossy

        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...