Re: ASP.NET and NUnit (was: Documenting acceptance tests)

  • threeTwelve72
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 5, 2002
      Kevin Lawrence wrote:

      >ASP.Net is much easier to unit test than either ASP or JSP. In
      >particular, the web controls are very well encapsulated and can run
      >independently of ASP unlike taglibs. You'll be able to test them
      >using NUnit.

      I decided to experiment with this by porting the example from Michael
      Feather's "Humble Dialog Box" article to ASP.NET:

      http://mountaireygroup.com/humbleDialog/

      The level of encapsulation in these web forms really does seem to
      avoid many of the difficulties of testing a web UI at an object level.
      With the exception of some handling for persistence of the objects
      over a session, porting was straightforward.

      Any input is appreciated.

      Ed Hughes
      Mount Airey Group, Inc.
      "Your guide in scaling new heights"