RE: [XP] Re: 5th Variable?

  • Bryan Dollery
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 4, 2002
      Hi John,

      > I was thinking of "for profit" as opposed to say, open source, where
      > coolness of a feature may be the primary weighting criteron for
      > stories.
      >
      > Perhaps the open source community still measures ROI, but interms of
      > ego and pride in workmanship instead of in dollars.

      I gain benefit from my time on this group - I profit from it, and thus gain
      a return on my time here. None of the profit is directly financial - I
      don't get paid to be here - but I feel that I grow in my abilities and
      personality through being here, and they are things that I value.

      This is why Kent, Ron, and Ward said, "business value", rather than profit
      or ROI, but it's all the same thing when painted with a broad enough brush.

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Bryan Dollery
      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 4, 2002