Reporting in...

  • Bill Walton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2002
      Greetings;

      Just thought I'd drop in so you'd know I still love you :-) Also thought you might like to hear that I'm making progress.

      With respect to the books, I've finished "In Practice" and "Installed" and have started "Explored." Many thanks to Alex Chaffee for introducing me to Erik Meade at ObjectMentor, and to Erik for hooking me up with their client at Sabre. As it turns out, I know the group's VP and some of the team. I was already going at it from the top down, but coming at it from both directions speeded things up. I've got two lunches scheduled with 4-5 people in the group for next week (development manager, development director, product manager, SCM manager) and am looking forward to learning from them.

      My focus moving forward (after the books) will be on the challenges / solutions / costs / benefits of implementing XP within specific cultural / organizational / project / business models. I'm hoping to find other organizations willing to contribute their learning. If I can, I may do some more writing on the topic. Computerworld.com has approached me about a regular column and I'm thinking this could be an interesting topical area. Your thoughts? (but *please*, not a barrage!) Anyway... just thought I'd touch base.

      Best regards,
      Bill
      bill.walton@...

    • Kay A. Pentecost
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
        Hi, Bill,

        I am particularly glad.

        It's a good reason to be as "nice" as possible, while berating someone for
        not paying attention. That way, when one has to "eat their words" one
        doesn't have to add quite so much chocolate.

        Not that I mind adding chocolate, you know. <grin>

        <bill's excellent progress snipped>

        > Your thoughts? (but *please*, not a barrage!)

        Since you didn't get a barrage, I thought I'd send you kudos.

        Kay
      • Bill Walton
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
          ----- On Saturday, October 05, 2002 7:31 PM, Kay A. Pentecost wrote:

          > > Your thoughts? (but *please*, not a barrage!)
          >
          > Since you didn't get a barrage, I thought I'd send you kudos.

          Thanks Kay :-) Be back soon.

          Best regards,
          Bill
        • Edmund Schweppe
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
            "Kay A. Pentecost" wrote:
            > Hi, Bill,
            > It's a good reason to be as "nice" as possible, while berating someone for
            > not paying attention. That way, when one has to "eat their words" one
            > doesn't have to add quite so much chocolate.
            >
            > Not that I mind adding chocolate, you know. <grin>
            >
            > <bill's excellent progress snipped>
            >
            > > Your thoughts? (but *please*, not a barrage!)
            >
            > Since you didn't get a barrage, I thought I'd send you kudos.

            Kudos? You really *are* into chocolate, aren't you?

            (For non-USAians, Kudos are a brand of chocolate/granola bars, from the
            makers of M&M candies. See http://www.kudosbar.com for more details.)

            --
            Edmund Schweppe - schweppe@... - http://schweppe.home.tiac.net
            those of any past or future employer. The position of present employer